When it comes to achieving a healthy glow, the age old saying that ‘beauty comes from within’ has never been so accurate.
To help you keep on track with your New Years beauty resolutions, we have compiled some of the key beauty super foods and ingredients that have been scientifically proven to help you glow from the inside out.
- Don’t Overlook Omega-3: Besides the many other wonderful health benefits of Omega 3, replenishing your body with this fatty acid will help support a healthy scalp. Our suggestions: Salmon or two tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- Go for Dark Green Vegetables: Dark Green veggies tend to be rich in vitamins A and C, which are required for the production of sebum (the body’s natural hair conditioner). Our suggestions: Spinach & broccoli �
- Soy goodbye to wrinkles: Soy is rich in chemicals known as isoflavones which have been shown to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and increase skin elasticity. Our suggestions: Try tofu & soybeans
- Devour Dark Chocolate: Think chocolate is a beauty sin? Think again! The antioxidants in dark chocolate, called flavanols, has been shown to improve circulation to the skin to help achieve a smoother, more hydrated complexion. Our suggestions: Enjoy dark chocolate in moderation
- Say Cheese for pearly whites: Besides being an excellent source of calcium, which supports strong and healthy teeth, cheese has been shown to whiten your teeth and also prevent staining. Our suggestions: Harder cheeses work best so enjoy a small cube after meals that include teeth-staining foods